Girl Scout School Champions
School Champions play a vital role in helping to spread the word about how awesome it is to be a Girl Scout! School Champions introduce Girl Scouting to new girls and adults within a specific school.
Through this program, troops will adopt a school in their area and…
- Share their Girl Scouting experience with other girls
- Learn more about the Girl Scout organization
- Learn marketing skills
- Get to practice leadership skills working with younger girls
This program is open to all troops and girls can earn a patch by participating! Each participating troop will be entered into a drawing for a $100 gift card. One troop from each service unit will win!
1. Adopt an elementary school or private school
2. Make a connection with the school principal and the school's PTA president or parent liaison and find out how Girl Scouts can advertise to the student body about the "Discover Girl Scouts" information nights.
3. Cover an information table during the school's open house/back to school night/meet & greet night
4. Participate in a visibility opportunity other than the events mentioned in number 3. (Examples: Helping with a school carnival, holding a flag ceremony for the PTA meeting, etc.)
5. Help at an information night within your community that is being advertised to your adopted school
6. Complete a service project for the school
Submit your School Champion Story!
We'd love to highlight your troop. Send us your story here!.