How You Can Take Action
Girl Scouts: Donate a jar of peanut butter (plastic containers only) in observance of National Hunger Action Month. Throughout September, we will collect and donate peanut butter to area food banks to help fight hunger. Peanut butter, high in protein, is one of the top requested items since it is ready to eat, nutritious, shelf stable—and spreads easily, just like kindness!
You can drop off donations at A Place for Girls in Chesapeake, or at one of these participating Dairy Queen or Dairy Queen Grill & Chill locations. If you go in your Girl Scout uniform, your donated peanut butter can earn you a free mini Blizzard!*
- CHESAPEAKE: 200 S Battlefield Blvd
- CHESAPEAKE: 4024 Portsmouth Blvd
- FRANKLIN: 1418 Armory Drive
- HAMPTON: 219 Fox Hill Road
- NEWPORT NEWS: 12999 Warwick Blvd
- NORFOLK: 9636 Granby Street
- VIRGINIA BEACH: 1925 Landstown Centre Way, Unit 260
*One per uniformed Girl Scout only; not applicable for other children or adults.