What About Parents?
Starting soon, you will find cleaner views, more features and functions, and enhanced search options that will make it easier for you to find more fun for your Girl Scout!
The key to accessing the refreshed member platform, My Account. You’ll find it after the Go-Live and there will be a unique email address.
In our current state, many parents/caregivers are sharing an email address to access their family’s Girl Scout account. In our future state, all parents/caregivers will need to have a unique email address to identify them in the system.
During data migration:
- Primary caregivers in our current state will migrate to the new environment as they appear.
- Secondary caregivers who do not have a unique email address in our current system will migrate with a firstname.lastname@example.org email and will need assistance to access the household account.
How can you ensure a smoother transition for your family?
Follow the steps below to review the Girl Scout accounts for all parents and caregivers in your household before November 8.
1. Log in to your MyGS account.
2. Review the email addresses for your household, are the parents/caregivers in your household using the same email address? If “YES”, complete Step 3.
3. Provide a new email address for the secondary caregiver.
Why do we need different email accounts?
Unique email addresses support new functionality in the new system including the ability to allow household managers (primary caregivers) to affiliate other adults to a Girl’s account e.g. parents in two households and/or grandparents who may now directly register and pay for Girl Scout experiences. We’d rather not share an additional email address. It’s going to result in more Girl Scout emails and we’d like to avoid that.
Once the new system is live, you will have the ability to edit your preferences for receiving Girl Scout communications without Council assistance!