Fall Product Program in a Nutshell
Fall Product Program
Gaining financial literacy and understanding the ins and outs of entrepreneurship is an important goal of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience for every Girl Scout. By participating in the Fall Product Program, she’ll be closer to reaching that goal! Girls learn how to think from a business perspective and manage money while building social skills.
Girl Scouts ask friends and family (either online or in person) to
purchase candy, nuts, and discounted magazine subscriptions.
Girls learn five life skills: goal setting, money management, decision making, business ethics, and people skills.
Troops earn start-up money for their programs and activities.
Council programming is funded.
The 2016 season runs from October 1 through December 4.
Fall Product order-taking starts soon – don't miss out! Need help finding a Girl Scout to take your order? Call 757-547-4405 or email us here.
- October 16 — Girls' initial orders due to troop
- October 17 — Troop initial orders due to service unit
- November 4–5 — Products delivered to service units and cupboards
- November 6 — Booth sales begin
- December 4 — Fall product program ends
- December 5 — Girls' payments due to troop
- December 6 — Troop final reports due to SUFC
New for 2016
New Magazine Girl and Troop Rewards
- Girls can now earn a Goal Achiever patch for sending 30 emails.
- Girls who sell 15 magazines will choose from a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble, Dick's Sporting Goods or iTunes.
- Troops with a per girl average of five or more magazines will earn a $25 certificate for use in the Council shop or for Council sponsored programs. In addition, each girl will earn a Mag Super Seller boomerang patch.
The USO of Hampton Roads returns as our Hometown Hero Partner!
- The Council's community service project "Hometown Heroes" continues with the USO of Hampton Roads. For more information on our partner, visit the USO of Hampton Roads website.
Check out the Fall Product Program Resources!