Coronavirus Preparedness, Prevention & Response
Page Last Updated 04/22/20 8:05 AM EST
Girl Scouts of the Colonial Coast is closely monitoring the COVID-19 updates from the Centers for Disease Control, the Virginia Health Department, North Carolina Health Department, and the local public health departments.
The CDC has indicated that this is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation, so please understand that we will update information as decisions are made based on the best information at the time.
As of April 7, 2020, the following actions are being taken to help ensure the health and welfare of our members and their families:
- GSCCC program activities and events from Sunday, March 16 through Sunday, June 14 are cancelled. We are actively working to reschedule some of these program events for later in the calendar year, so be on the lookout for new dates. Members who have registered for any events which fall within this timeframe will be given a credit or refunded.
- Cookie Program timeline extended but cookie booths have been suspended as of March 16, 2020. Girls may still use the digital cookie platform. Digital Cookie on-line orders can continue shipping without interruption for the time being.
Girl and Troop Deadlines:
|Extended to May 10||Cookie Program Ends|
|Extended to May 11||Final Girl Payments Due to Troop|
|Extended to May 13||Troop Paperwork due to SUCC and Final Rewards Submitted in Ebudde|
Top Seller events will be rescheduled.
- GSCCC offices and shops will be closed to the public from Monday, March 16 through Sunday, June 14, 2020. While our physical locations will be closed, all GSCCC employees will be working during this period, so feel free to call or email us at (757) 547-4405 or 800-77SCOUT or email Customer Care. Please feel free to shop online or email us at Customer Care with your needs.
- GSCCC properties are closed from Monday, March 16 through Sunday, June 14, 2020. If your troop or service unit have reserved a site, your volunteer support specialist will be working with you for an event reschedule.
- GSCCC advises that all troop and service units suspend all in-person meetings and events until further notice. This is a time when virtual meetings and working on badges at home can be great activities for volunteers, girls, and parents. Please refer to our website’s dedicated response page for some ideas on how to use technology for meetings and activities. This page will be updated regularly.
We will continue to monitor this crisis as it evolves and communicate any future cancellations or suspensions as soon as possible. If you have a question, please call 1-800-77SCOUT or email Customer Care.
Thank you for your help in keeping Girl Scouts a safe, fun space for everyone!