The Teen Advisory Group will provide interaction and involvement of Girl Scouts in Council governance working with the CEO and the board of directors by getting involved in conversations that will influence policy decisions and help set the strategic direction of the Council.
In carrying out its major responsibilities, the Teen Advisory Group will:
- Be active members of Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Understand, accept and interpret the philosophy and purpose of Girl Scouting.
- Carry out its responsibilities through strategic leadership and direction.
- Assist in determining the vision of Girl Scouting and ensure that decisions are made to carry out strategic priorities.
- Monitor and evaluate the organization’s performance.
- Participate in Annual Council Meeting.
- Ensure and maintain an understanding of demographic, cultural, social and economic trends and their implications for Girl Scouting.
To apply please complete the Teen Advisory Group application and return it along with two letters of reference (one from an adult Girl Scout and one from an adult not connected to Girl Scouting) to Kathleen Kaurup or 912 Cedar Road, Chesapeake, VA 23322 or fax (757) 547-1872.
Teen Advisory Group Job Description
Teen Advisory Group Application