National delegate responsibilities:
Every three years, national delegates representing each council in GSUSA gather for the National Convention and conduct business at the National Council Meeting.
GSUSA’s 54th National Convention
Wednesday-Sunday, October 4-8, 2017
- Attend all local orientation and preparation meetings prior to the National Convention.
- Study the National Council Meeting agenda.
- Understand Girl Scouts of the Colonial Coast’s stance on actions to be taken by the National Council (delegates may vote independently, based on the best interests of Girl Scouting as a whole).
- Attend all National Council meetings and report National Council actions to Girl Scouts of the Colonial Coast’s members.
- Know parliamentary procedures and how to use them.
- Participate as a national delegate for the entire three-year period of 2017-2020.
A national delegate must be:
- A citizen of the United States of America
- A registered member of Girl Scouts of the USA
- 14 years of age or older
- Able to represent the points of view of various ethnic, racial, educational, civic, religious and socioeconomic groups
- Willing to prepare thoroughly on the issues and business that will come before the National Council
Apply online or by mail using the National Delegate Application by Monday, November 28, 2016, to represent Girl Scouts of the Colonial Coast at the 2017 National Convention and National Council Meeting. The National Delegate Position Description is available here. Accepted delegates will be notified of their position by November 30, 2016.
Questions? Contact Sunny Smith, Executive Assistant, by email or call 757-410-1462.